Wednesday, April 14, 2010

procrastination diary 14/04/2010

11:20
I have decided to document my working and procrastinating today. I just have come back from school and there is a pile of work to be done. Most importantly, there is an exam tomorrow and I haven't started studying yet.

11:40
I felt the need of some music. So obviously I had to turn on my computer, had to check my mails (and answer some of them). Checked some articles a teacher from Berlin had sent to me.
The electricity broke down. So now there is no internet connection - and this gave me the chance to start focussing on the exam. Started putting the papers I have to read in order, and noticed that there really is a lot to do. I start studying, honestly (But no music anymore, damn it)

12:30
I have finished the first chapter (of eleven). I am really proud of myself. I deserve a break, i.e. Coffee.
Still no electricity.

12:45
I am doing the laundry. Electricity is still not appearing and my laptop batteries are finished, so I decide to move to a café. There won´t be any houshold distraction. And I will be able to read the pdf-files I have to study for my exam.

13:30
At the café urban where the 'digital bohéme' of istanbul is meeting. Lots of people around me working on their laptops. Are they really working?
Anyway, I continue studying.

14:15
I have almost finished the second chapter. I have to tell Avsar about my procrastination diary.. and there are other emails and links to be checked as well.

15:00
What does 'distraction' mean in turkish? I have to check.

15:15
'avunma'
wasn't the only new vocabulary I checked. I also found a nice graphic on procrastination on the internet. And interesting pictures showing Zeyrek.

15:30
Ordered another coffee to motivate myself to continue studying.

16:30
managed another two chapters successfully. But then got distracted again.. well at least it is online-conversation about procrastination..

17:30
I finished two more chapters. Very proud. Then a friend calls me, and we decide to meet in half an hour.
This should motivate me to manage another chapter..

18:15
I meet my friend and we go out to have dinner together. Afterwords to have a coffee at another place. The conversation comes to the topic of procrastination. We both have work to do. Anyway, we order another coffee.

20:45
Back home. Fortunately, the electricity works again. I had an apointment this evening with my flatmate to work together on the poster for our next weeks exhibition. I find him sleeping, his computer running, an illustrator-file opened.
I turn on my laptop (need some music) and open the files I have to read. Then decide to have a cup of tea first.

21:45
My flatmate is still asleep. I answer some emails. A friend calls me and invites me to a concert at 22:00; avoiding to think about the exam tomorrow and the poster we haven't done yet I agree to come.
My flatmate eventually wakes up. He too wants to go out this evening. So we agree to postpone the work on the poster to the next day.

02:00
Back from the concert. Having a bad conscience because of the exam, I set the alarmclock at 08.00 the next morning. I will get up early and study, I really will!

No comments:

Post a Comment